SIXTH LINE LIMITED
Registered office address: 83 Ducie Street, Manchester, England, M1 2JQ
Office address: 14 Curzon Street London, W1J 5HN
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small files that are used to access the internet and are stored on a user's computer, mobile device, tablet, or other equipment. These cookies are deployed through a request from a web page's server to the user's web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Mozilla) and are entirely "passive," meaning they do not contain software, viruses, spyware, or access the user's hardware information.
Purposes of Cookies
Cookies are used to enhance the functioning and efficiency of the Company's platform. They are necessary for users to browse the platform and access its services and features. Without these essential cookies, the platform's performance may be compromised, and certain services or features may not be available.
Cookies are also used to compile anonymous statistics that help the Company understand user preferences and improve the platform's structure and content without identifying individual users. Additionally, the Company's platform may use software such as Google Analytics, Google Adsense, Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and other social media "like" buttons or plugins, all of which contain cookies.
Types of Cookies
The Company employs two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that remain on the user's device until the end of their session or until they close their web browser. Persistent cookies remain on the user's device for a specific period, as defined in the cookies themselves or until manually deleted by the user.
Purposes of Cookie Usage
Cookies serve various purposes, including:
- Processes: Ensuring the platform functions as expected, such as recognizing if a user has signed up for an account.
- Authentication, Security, and Compliance: Preventing fraud, protecting data, and complying with legal requirements, like verifying if a user is logged into their account.
- Preferences: Remembering how users prefer services to behave and appear.
- Notifications: Allowing or preventing notices that enhance user experience.
- Analytics: Understanding how visitors use the services, enabling the Company to improve its offerings.
Do Cookies Contain Personal Data?
Cookies typically do not require personal information for use and often do not identify individual internet users. Any personal data collected through cookies is intended to enhance user service. This data is encrypted to prevent unauthorized access.
Web browsers generally allow cookies by default. Users can modify these settings to block automatic cookie handling or receive notifications when cookies are sent to their device. Detailed instructions on managing cookies are available in the browser settings.
Security and Confidentiality
Cookies are not viruses and are in the form of simple text. They do not contain code and cannot execute or initiate actions on their own. Browsers have built-in privacy settings, offering different options for cookie acceptance and duration, along with automatic deletion options.
Responsible Browsing with Cookies
Cookies are widely used on many popular websites, and their flexibility makes their use nearly unavoidable. Disabling cookies may restrict access to widely-used websites like YouTube, Yahoo, Gmail, and more. To ensure secure browsing with cookies:
- Personalize your browser settings for a suitable level of protection.
- Configure browser settings to delete browsing data after each session when sharing a computer.
- Keep your browser up-to-date to address potential security vulnerabilities associated with older versions.
- Modern browsers allow users to change cookie settings; adjustments can be made through the browser's options or preferences menu.
For more information on cookies and their use, refer to the following links:
- Microsoft Cookies Guide: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/cookie-policy-guide/9n9l3vbslrz4
- All About Cookies: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Cookie Settings for Popular Browsers:
- Firefox Cookie Settings: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Chrome Cookie Settings: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari Cookie Settings: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
For third-party cookie settings, visit:
Your Online Choices Website: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/